Ethereal Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phobias

4 posters

Go down

Phobias Empty Phobias

Post by Decalcomania Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 pm

As some of you may already know, I have several phobias that are really bizarre. Just recently, I was watching a video on YouTube and screamed when I saw some barnacles. This is when I found out that I had Trypophobia, which is the fear of repetitive patterns.

Here are my phobias:

• Agoraphobia/Fear of open places
  • Trypophobia/Fear of repetitive patterns
  • Fear of rolling
  • Chiraptophobia/Fear of being touched
  • Coulrophobia/Fear of clowns
  • Eremophobia/Fear of being alone (Also known as Monophobia)
  • Gerascophobia/Fear of the elderly or growing old.
Anyways, I would like to know everyone's phobia/fears.
Decalcomania
Decalcomania
Serene Sky
Serene Sky

~Cookies~ : 69

Back to top Go down

Phobias Empty Re: Phobias

Post by ~Ghostkitty~ Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Hmm falling... spiders... whatever dangerous reptiles like snakes... most bugs are just... quite ugly to me... not sure if thats a phobia? xD
~Ghostkitty~
~Ghostkitty~
Ether
Ether

~Cookies~ : 296

Back to top Go down

Post by ~SnowAngel~ Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know i can get over mine but~

high places (like over 8 ft? XD)
being too close to certain people (tho I like it with certain others~ Razz)
rejection is one~ (hard to say how/why, but it can be for simple things x-x)
I hide wtv I'm doing when around most people (i'm selective XD)
stage fright (presenting or performing to large groups. I've done that and danced before tho XD)
people that try to mess with my hair x-x
(sometimes) fire/ smell of smoke
unacceptance/ major criticism
some bugs (especially if they fly x-x)
unclean things
kissing or being kissed XD (never have yet. it's mostly seeing other ppl)
naked people x-x

ummmmm i'm sure there's others but wtv Razz
~SnowAngel~
Ethereal
Ethereal

~Cookies~ : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Ghostkitty~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 am

Hmm stage fright... x.x that...
~Ghostkitty~
~Ghostkitty~
Ether
Ether

Back to top Go down

Post by Decalcomania Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 pm

It is easy to overcome stage fright, in my opinion, because the ones that are watching you on stage are doing one of the three things:
1) They are afraid because they have to be next.
2) They envy you for being able to perform or be on stage.
3) They do not really care who they are watching.
Decalcomania
Decalcomania
Serene Sky
Serene Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Ghostkitty~ Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 am

Or theyre just watching intently cuz the teacher is sitting behind them all ;p Anyhow stage fright causes random... stuff... to happen...
~Ghostkitty~
~Ghostkitty~
Ether
Ether

Back to top Go down

Post by Decalcomania Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 am

Yes, it does. The worse it could do is that you can pass out and hit your head on something while you were falling, which could cause death or serious injuries.

Ushio, as you have stated before, you are afraid of intimacy or anything of that nature. Would you say that it is caused by being absent from it most of your life? You say you were homeschooled, I do not know how homeschools work, but I assume that you did not have a sexual education class. So that may be why you are afraid of anything related to coitus.
Decalcomania
Decalcomania
Serene Sky
Serene Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by ~SnowAngel~ Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

nope nope you got it all wrong~

I really like intimacy and want that more than anything~ but it can't be with just any random person x-x. I used to base it on whatever people had in common with me. The more we got along, the more I felt comfortable with them? XD If we didn't spend much time together, it didn't really feel like we were close x-x especially when more friends came into the picture. (lots of self-drama there x-x)
I tried being close in a relationship before. Sadly, neither of them worked out x-x it was definitely kinda needy.. but I have a more stable foundation now Razz
There is one person I'm hoping for right now~ not sure how willing they are, but they've been in the same place as I have and want the same thing~

Being homeschooled depends on what parents can do~ We do school at home, but there's lots of extra things that typically happen. (co-ops, music lessons, sports, boy/girl scouts, etc?) There's definitely more freedom of choice and flexible time. Still, the major thing I lacked from that was learning to be more social and doing things on time. I've improved in both of those since doing college and talked to people about it~ But anyways, the most valued thing about being homeschooled is that you're able to think freely. Lots of public schools are very low in their morals and beliefs. They teach people crap without giving the whole picture. Teachers typically do not care about your life there, and avoid being personal. I went to public school once, and private school once. (both weren't good at all -.-~)

There was a paper i did about homeschool vs public school if you want to try reading it XD it was for a class~
~SnowAngel~
Ethereal
Ethereal

~Cookies~ : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Ghostkitty~ Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Hmm i know some home schooled people... They were pretty "normal" or at least they seemed like that to meh...
~Ghostkitty~
~Ghostkitty~
Ether
Ether

Back to top Go down

Post by redcat Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am

hm... somehow I have some similarities with ushio regarding phobias, especially about high places and socio-phobias. I'm actually quite shy, and since I was afraid of rejection (or just any failure when interacting with people) I tend to avoid people irl - to the point that I sometimes act like a spy and hide myself or choose roads devoid of people... >_<

Other things that I might be afraid of... maybe dying or anything related to it. Looking at mortally wounded people with blood gushing from their hacked flesh always makes me lost strength...
redcat
redcat
ice rose
ice rose

~Cookies~ : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum